Superb picture quality, fantastic lens, great features - an IP cam to build up a top-notch surveillance system
A heavyweight contender for a home CCTV camera, the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I is a beautiful beast.
Packed to the gills with pretty much every feature you might look for in a retail surveillance IP cam, the DS-2CD2732F-I is a super package.
3MP resolution, onboard SD card slot, two-way audio, 3-axis adjustment and a darn good infra-red night vision source don’t come cheap though.
Dome CCTV camera advantages
If you want something that will provide you reliable CCTV video well into the foreseeable future, a Hikvision like this is worth the investment.
(Expand and adjust settings to 1080p for this sample)
Dome or turret cameras like this Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I are designed to resist tampering. The bubble over the camera lens offers a hardy shell. It would require some substantial whacking to knock it from a wall or ceiling.
Depending on where you mount a dome IP cam, it can be tricky for a criminal to work out where it is aimed. The DS-2CD2732F-I comes with a neat 3-axis adjustment for the camera. When you install this lets you angle the lens in more directions. You can get more creative with the mount and CCTV monitoring position.
A dome camera bracket increase the installation options and makes cable management tidier. With a bracket you can mount the DS-2CD2732F-I on a vertical surface, giving you a conspicuous yet resilient IP camera position.
The housing for this CCTV camera meet the IP66 standard, so it will withstand rain and snow. If you’re going to invest in a serious IP camera DS-2CD2732F-I then you want to know it will survive all seasons.
DS-2CD2732F-I delivers on features
The feature-set really makes the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I stand out.
It will shoot 2048×1536 pixel resolution at over 15fps. Image quality is nice because Hikvision haven’t scrimped on a good CMOS sensor.
Low-light performance is pretty good. Wide dynamic range on the DS-2CD2732F-I helps balance the light and shadows. Bottom line for WDR – better image quality with IR-only illumination at night.
You can record footage direct to an internal SD card. This is such a useful backup solution if your NVR or NAS decides to die when you’re hundreds of miles away.
Networking and power are handled over the POE standard. There’s no Wifi on the DS-2CD2732F-I and you probably wouldn’t use it anyway.
You can set the focal length on the DS-2CD2732F-I manually. However this is not a motorised PTZ camera, and adjustments must be made from atop a ladder.
The DS-2CD2732F-I does two-way audio, although it can be a faff getting it to play nicely with external microphones.
Technical specs for DS-2CD2732F-I
- Image Sensor: 1/3″ Progressive Scan CMOS Minimum Illumination: 0.095 lux@F1.4
- 0 lux with IR
- Shutter Time: 1/30s ~ 1/100,000s
- Lens: 2.8 ~ 12mm @ F1.4, Angle of view: 80° ~ 27.2°
- Lens Mount: Φ14
- Day& Night: ICR
- Digital Noise Reduction: 3D DNR
- Wide Dynamic Range: Digital WDR
- Backlight Compensation: Yes, zone configurable
- ideo Compression: H.264/M-JPEG
- H.264 Compression Profile: Main profile
- Bit Rate: 32 Kbps~16Mbps
- Audio Compression (-S): G.711 / G.726
- Audio bit rate (-S): 64Kbps (G.711) / 16Kbps (G.726)
- Max Image Resolution: 2048×1536
- Frame Rate: 60Hz: 30fps (1280 x 960), 30fps (1280 x 720)
- Image Settings: Saturation, brightness, contrast adjustable through client software or web browser
- Network Storage: NAS
- Alarm Trigger: Motion detection, tampering alarm, network disconnect, IP address conflict, storage full, storage error
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, RTP, RTSP, PPPoE, SMTP, NTP, UPnP, ICMP,IGMP,SNMP, FTP, 802.1X, QoS, HTTPS
- System Compatibility: ONVIF, PSIA, CGI
- General Functionalities (Security): User authentication, watermark, dual stream
- Communication Interface: 1 RJ45 10 M/100 M Ethernet port
- On-board Storage: Built-in Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 64 GB
- Power Supply: DC12V ± 10%, PoE (802.3af)
- Power Consumption: Max. 5.5W
- Working Temperature (Operating Conditions): -30 °C ~ 60 °C (-22 °F ~ 140 °F), humidity 95% or less (non-condensing)
- Impact Protection: IEC60068-275Eh, 50J; EN50102, exceeding IK10
- IR Range: up to 20m
- Dimensions: Φ 140 x 99.9 mm (Φ 5.51” x 3.94”)
- Weight: 1000g
- Ingress protection: IP66